God's Gems Link
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always to the very end of the age.”
What is the Evangelism Committee?
• Outreach to the community and the world to spread the Good News of God’s redeeming love.
• Nurture for those in our church family that we may be a community of faith where love abounds.
• An eye to see opportunities for witness, an ear to be empowered by God’s Word, and an open door to welcome all.
Opportunities to serve:
• Look around and extend a welcome to visitors.
• Invite a neighbor or co-worker to church.
• Be alert to opportunities in the strangest places, and don’t be afraid to share your faith.
• Try doing the unnatural of evangelizing until it becomes natural.
• Be an example.
• Serve on the Evangelism Committee.
• Serve on Synod Outreach programs.
The Evangelism Committee seeks ways to promote an evangelizing Church:
• We invite visitors to fill out a visitors card; give them a St. Paul coffee mug with a welcoming note, brochure, pen, and discipleship card, and we follow up whenever possible with a welcoming phone call and card.
• We recognize and encourage opportunities to bond as a community of faith in celebrating God’s Gems (our members age 75 and over). We honor our new members and regular visitors at a special dinner, and designate sponsors for each family.
• We look for ways to be visible in the community and extend a welcoming invitation: sponsor school events, participate in Hometown Strasburg Welcome Basket, Mayfest, and various other special programs and projects.
• We provide support for maintaining a current web page for St. Paul.
May the power of God’s Spirit move us to be faithful in our response to His call to mission and evangelism!